Poultry Roaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Wittman

Has anyone ever tried the Weber poultry roaster? It is a small pan for liquid with a stem for the bird to sit on. Suppose to be used instead of a beer can.

Keith

Check a post by Bruce Bissonnette on 8/13/03. He didn't sound too favorable. Glad I read it because I was going to order one.

PRG

My parents picked one up for me and have used it a couple times now. The good thing is it is very stable and catches all the chicken grease. The picture with my hand is where the beer would go or whatever you want to use. It has a Teflon coating and cleans up easy, but if you want to show off to your guest the beer can is the way to go. The end results are the same. Here are some pictures.
Cnv0046.jpg
Cnv0065.jpg
Cnv0047.jpg

Keith,
I was interested also and found the post Bruce left on 8/13. Here's the link - http://tvwbb.101inc.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=002371#000000 .

Seems odd that it didn't work as well as the beercan. I remember about 15+ plus years ago they sold a similar product on TV (Ron Popeil maybe?). They came in a four-pack and it was nothing more than a simple metal dish with two bars welded together. The chicken sat upright in your oven and the grease dripped into the pan. A simple design that made very moist chicken with a fantastic skin!

I just use a soup can. Works much better then a tin can I think. Much sturdier and is ribbed so it fits much more snug then the tin can as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back