Pots at Target or Wal-Mart? Amazon?

Well, after considering returning the IMUSA pot I got from Sears ($34) on my trip south at the end of June, I took the plunge last night and crimped the rim to get the SJS lid to fit.

The decision came down to either wait several months for the perfect pot to come available in WA state somewehere and miss the entire summer cooking season, or just live with what I have and go for it. So, I went for it.

I will not be posting any pictures of the crimping job as it would mortify the majority of the members here. Suffice to say, the lid covers most of my...um....handiwork. Vise grips did the job. So the lid fits.

I rationalized my crappy crimping job with the thought that I could give this pot away to a family member who becomes enamoured with the "cute little smoker".

So, I'm still looking for the perfect pot. This may have to wait until VMI's next shipment in October. There will be no crimping in my future, and I'm not paying $34! ;)

In the interim, I will continue to enjoy all that this forum has to offer; lots of friendly, helpful people who are passionate about grilling/smoking!

Sorry to revive this thread, but as a fellow Canuck, I'm still looking for one of these pots. Any Canadians, or Americans, have any great ideas other than going down to my po box in Baine and picking one up?

Tom, after crimping the IMUSA pot, I ordered the Vasconia pot for a Mini I built as a gift. The Vasconia pot fits perfectly. This can be ordered from Pfaltzgraff.com. Put yourself on their email list. They have discounts all the time. Wait until you get the "40% off a single item" discount, then place your order. You will have to phone it in. The total comes in just a bit over $31. Go to Blaine, and pick it up :).

DAmmit ... I was hoping to source one here in Vancouver. Oh well. Looks like that may be my only option then. Thanks for the reply.

I called and placed my order and the agent on the line said the bay here may have it. I'll go take a look another day. For now I'm in for a 30% off coupon I found online and shipped to Blaine for $35.

Back