Post Stand for Weber Genesis?

Keith House

I moved into my home 5 years ago and I was blessed with a Ducane grill that is mounted on my back patio that sits on a permanent post stand and is connected to the natural gas line. The grill wasn't well maintained when I moved in but it did the job.

I have replaced many of the parts but now I feel it is time to move on and get a new Weber Genesis E 310. I actually already bought it, but just waiting for delivery.

The thing is, I really really like my grill being on the post. It gives a really clean look to my patio and where the gas line comes up is some rock that is laid down as part of the landscaping. So now, with the Genesis being on wheels, it just won't 'fit' in with my patio feng shui, being much bulkier on the bottom and on wheels (wheels and rock = not good).

Does Weber sell a post mount for their grills? I tried to search their site but it is down until 9/17. I am almost thinking that I may return my grill unless I have this option. But I am torn - I love Weber, but really really want a post mounted one. I mean, I don't need a cabinet if I am using natural gas, and I already have a patio box for my grilling gear.

I already own a kettle, a WSM 22, so the patio is getting cluttered. Anyone know if Weber has anything to fit my needs? Maybe even a company, dare I say, other than Weber? Or maybe even a kit or something??

Help please!

I don't know if Weber has a post option, but Ducane is a part of Weber so they might still offer that.
HTH

Tim

I don't know if this is an option, but I'd think you could weld something that would attach to the existing post - I'm thinking about cutting off the legs of the cart just below the bottom of the grill and welding some pipe to each of the four legs at an angle that would come together at a point under the grill. Weld that to your existing post after cutting it to the perfect height, and you might have a solution. A little bit of BBQ paint or even some caliper paint and you'd have a pretty professional-looking and unique setup, while still keeping the feng shui.

Welding is something that I have little to no experience with.

My old man just said to use the existing stand. I guess it doesn't look that bad, just a little worn. I would probably need to sand it down and repaint it, and tighten or replace some of the existing bolts

Would be really cool if I could coat it in matching black enamel..

Back