Pork Tenderloin: brine or rub?

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
I'm cooking some tenderloins this weekend, which will be a first for me. Is it necessary to use my typical chop brine, or should I just get after them with the Northwoods Fire? Thanks!

Both! Try the Disappearing Tenderloin with Pico de Gallo recipe from Weber's Big Book of Grilling. You can google it and find it many places, although I highly recommend the book for its many great recipes. This is our "go to many times" recipe for pork tenderloin, and it's a quick marinade and then spicy rub. I triple the rub amount for two tenderloins and rub it on thick. Either way, I think you'll be happy.

I often pre salt the loin 2 hours ahead. Put it in a bag...squeeze out the air...And put it in the fridge to rest. Rub with anything low salt,then toss it on the grill. Actually i have never brined a tenderloin,But i sure will.

I've always been happy with Dale's marinade for about an hour before, sear them well on all sides and finish them indirectly. Then three or four coats of Sweet Baby Ray's.

I am a "Cowboy Dealer" for Ace of Hearts BBQ and we got this recipe from Chris Marks of The Three Little Pigs cooking team.

Check out the recipe in the Pork section. Hope you like it!!

Both! Try the Disappearing Tenderloin with Pico de Gallo recipe from Weber's Big Book of Grilling. You can google it and find it many places, although I highly recommend the book for its many great recipes.
Agreed! I've had WBBoG for a number of years now and it's one of my favorites, although I like Jamie Purviance's other Weber books as well. I've never made the Disappearing Tenderloin but was thinking about tenderloins for this weekend, so I'll be sure to check it out.

Back