Pork Spareribs a hug success!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Barry
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry

I smoked a slab of pork spareribs today and they were heaven!!!!! I used 3 chunks of oak, 1 chunk of hickory and let them cook for about 5 1/2 hours. And this during two separate torential downpours during the day (made for challenging temp control, but the WSM performed great.). The meat was tender, juicy and practically melted in our mouths. My wife was ecstatic.

I also make the Little Southern BBQ sauce from Paul Kirks book and we put it on the ribs as we ate. It made them even better!!!! Next time I am going to try the sauce on the ribs in the smoker.

I just hope I will be able to repeat this when we have our party in a month. Planning on cooking many more slabs.

Barry, is your WSM under roof? It seems to me that in a downpour, you could get a lot of water in the bottom...

It was out in the open but there didn't seem to be any water seepage as the temp stayed constant. If fact, since it was raining I opened the bottom vents all the way because the rain was cooking it down and the temp went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back