Pork Roast ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crstacey

A friend gave me a couple pork roasts he asked me to cook for him. I really don't know a good way to cook them. Any ideas? The package simply says "Pork Roast" ?? should I brine it? If anybody has a good recipe or some ideas to help me out I would appreciate it...

Would be helpful to know if it's a shoulder roast or a loin roast. It's the shoulder that has all the intramuscular fat that makes it a low & slow candidate just as it is. If it's a loin, there's not much fat there at all, and higher temperature cooking would be in order. You could indeed brine a loin roast to help keep it from drying out during cooking

The roast is in the basic shape of a square s few inches by a few inches, and has two strings around it. It looks like there is some fat throughout the meat. It is one that he got from the butcher after he had his animal slaughtered. That's proably why it isn't identified as well...

Sure, rub it with your favorite pork butt rub, get the WSM fired up, Minion Method, to about 225-240, throw the thing on the grate and let it go to an internal temp of 195-205 (about 2 hours per lb.) wrap it in saran, then foil, then towels, put it in a dry cooler for an hour or so, then shred it into delicious pulled pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back