Pork roast and pecans

Thanks.
I pulled the pork and of course we ate some of it, but it was cooked to be used in ABTs I will cook Sunday so we only had a few bites.
BTW it's really good.
The ABT stuffing mix is the pulled pork, a brick of cream cheese, a very small finely chopped onion, and a good handful of grated cheddar cheese.
I sampled it (just to see if it needed salt HAHA) and it's really good too.

The pecans are just for eating and I took a bag over to my FIL who gave them his stamp of approval.
The trick (for me anyway) to seasoned smoked nuts is to toss them in an egg wash before adding the seasoning, it makes the seasonings stay on the nuts.
It's hard to show restraint once you start munching those nuts LOL.

Sorry for saying the stuff is good so many times, it sounds like bragging when I read it, but I didn't mean it like that.

Last edited:
I've never tried roasting pecans but it sounds really good. I roasted a couple flavors of almonds today - one was liquid smoke, garlic, & salt (and oil), the other was granulated garlic, dill, salt (& oil). I still have yet to do them on the smoker....I always just do them in the oven (9 minutes @ 375f)

I went for over 10 years without having a smoker, and then I got the WSM in October.
Ever since then if you can eat it, it has pretty much been...hummmm, wonder how that would taste smoked???
I have been cooking the nuts with low heat 225-250 stirring them every 30 minutes, really no way to scorch them at that temperature.
I start tasting/checking for crunchiness at 1 1/2 hours.
:wsm:

Back