pork-n-chicken

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Got a 5 lb picnic shoulder on the bottom and 5 lbs of chiken quarters on top. Is this ok? My logic was to be able to remove the bird and keep cooking the pork (bone in) without disturbing it. Temp is 250 in the lid. I plan to pull the bird at the 4 hour mark. How much longer should the pig go? No internal thermo.
By the way, I got the 10 lbs of meat for less than $15.00. Thro in 10 bucks for adders and you got an awsome meal for 10 people (company provides beverage of choice). $2.50 a head!
Is this thing great or what!

I personally don't like chicken juice dripping on my butt.

I probably would have put the butt on top, even though the yard bird is coming off first.

Actually that is one reason I own lots of WSM's. Just fire off the second one with chicken and cook twice the butts for the first. And then do some salmon with alder with the third!

Time to go pull some thighs and legs off the grill for lunch! Nice sunny day here in Oregon, helps that the ducks finally stopped their death spiral on Saturday. Additional bonus, the Beavers and Huskies both lost and of course the Yankees went down. What a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh Dennis you kill me!
Beautiful day here too. Huskies are losers (football anyway). Have'nt had a good team since Don James was coach. Those were the years. Thank heavens for womens softball and crew!
BTW, what kind of name is Ducks for a football team? He he he.
Really, what is the broblem with a little dripping on the butt? It's just about all skin on the top/sides. How could it possibly impart anything to the butt?
Must admit I do like the Beavers. I guess we are relegated to cheering for the Cougars.
NNaaahhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back