pork chops

Daryl w

TVWBB Member
thought i would give some rib chops a try
lookin for a recipe but dont see one so im gonna rub em with some rub and then smoke em at 250 with water pan full for 4 hrs i would guess about a half inch thick.
I will be checkin them to make sure they dont get charoaled.
then im takin the middle outa the smoker and carmelizin some dianna sauce and honey mixture on it should be tasty.
any one have any chop tips?

I've only done chops on my kettle. Don't know if they would benefit from a long slow smoke on the WSM. Try the kettle or use the WSM as a kettle.

AR

I personally prefer to sear pork chops over high heat and then move them to indirect heat on the grill.

If your chops are only a half inch thick, I think they may be overwhelmed by 4 hours of smoking.

Let us know how they turn out!

well after doin some readin i ended up crankin open the vents and letin er rip at around 285.
and fliped them about 1hour in.
I had a full pan so its all I can do to get her to 300 full

they had a crispy bark on them then when temp hit 155 in the fatest ones I pulled apart smoker basted both sides of the chops put the top grill over the coals and waited until they were sticky from the sauce and wala
they were awsome, we even had a kid over wit da young lad and they both ate 3, and mama bear said not to cook the whole pack.

that being said they were nice and juicy and were great but I can acomplish just about same resaults with the silver C in 1/4 of the time.
But without the smoke
icon_wink.gif

I used a mix of cherry and hickory.

may actually try again with 1/4 water pan just so i can cook them around 300.

Daryl, if you really want them to be done at high heat, there's really no need to use the water pan at all. You can either remove it completely, or just use it empty (covering with foil helps with cleanup).

You are right - you probably can get the same - or even better - results with your grill. I think chops are best grilled, in my opinion.

Daryl,

I just did some pork chops that may suit your needs. I did a quick seer on both sides and then moved them over for indirect grilling. At this point I added BBQ Delight pellets (suger maple) for the thirty minutes that the chops took to finish cooking. They came out grilled juicy with a nice smoke flavor.

Hope it helps,
Josh

Back