Pork char siu

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Olympian
Bought the Costco special for $8 off.

Made some large chunks, 8 total, froze 5 and cooking 3.

Whipped up a quick char siu marinade and into the ziplock for a few hours.

Weather has been near perfect this weekend. In the 80’s with mixed sun and clouds. A nice respite from these 106°+ days we’ve been having.

These will hit the grill later for an indirect low and slow cook. Will likely pull at 165° and develop some char with higher heat.

1722198214687.jpeg

1722198238086.jpeg

Bought the Costco special for $8 off.

Made some large chunks, 8 total, froze 5 and cooking 3.

Whipped up a quick char siu marinade and into the ziplock for a few hours.

Weather has been near perfect this weekend. In the 80’s with mixed sun and clouds. A nice respite from these 106°+ days we’ve been having.

These will hit the grill later for an indirect low and slow cook. Will likely pull at 165° and develop some char with higher heat.

View attachment 96822

View attachment 96823
I have to try this one day.
Looks great.

I am such a fan of pork char siu.
We have a family run Asian take out near home in California.
If I see it available it’s one thing that will make me change my order.
Yours always has me smacking my lips with want.

I am such a fan of pork char siu.
We have a family run Asian take out near home in California.
If I see it available it’s one thing that will make me change my order.
Yours always has me smacking my lips with want.
It’s ridiculously easy to make. Use either shoulder or tenderloin. Shoulder you can take to 165°, and tenderloin to 135/140°. Just don’t use loin. It’ll be too dry.

Looks top notch, we went to the Chinese Buffet. :ROFLMAO: Still tired from the extended heat wave!
I spent all day yesterday 9’ in the air installing coach lights and security cams on my house. My feet were on fire last night from being on a ladder in sneakers all day.

Today’s humidity is gross. Cannot stand being outside.

I spent all day yesterday 9’ in the air installing coach lights and security cams on my house. My feet were on fire last night from being on a ladder in sneakers all day.

Today’s humidity is gross. Cannot stand being outside.
I’m too old to do ladder work now, I would have hired someone. Those items are outside of my wheelhouse anyway. 👍 for being multi talented. I have been working low, installing more low voltage LED landscaping floods.

Last edited:
Brett, have you posted your full recipe for this before? Or is it in the recipe's forum section?
I went much heavier on the seasoning in this most recent cook as my marinate time was only a few hours. So the extra seasonings helped add more flavor to the sliced shoulder chunks.

Recipe in this first link:
Post in thread 'Readying some pork char siu - for the umpteenth time'
https://tvwbb.com/threads/readying-some-pork-char-siu-for-the-umpteenth-time.97444/post-1136091

Back