pork butt to spicey

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

just pulled 4 butts. 19 hour smoke temp was around 188-190...... I tryed a little and it seemed quite spicey (peppery) more so than I remember from this recipe. I basted the meat 3 times during this cook and had the dry rub on for 8 hours. Moisture wise it seemed ok, maybe a tad dry (not sure why this is the case either). I spritze with apple juice and wrapped tight. They are in cooler now for dinner tonight. Think they will get more moisture from sitting or more dryed out? Anything i can do to combat the spiceness for those who are not to into the spice. (maybe a sweeter sauce) Any ideas would save me thanks.

My wife also said it was to spicey the next time I cut back on the black pepper by 1/2 and the caynne pepper by 1/2. I was using the Mr Brown recipe rub.

Good Luck next time

Interior moisture redistributes during resting. Samples of meat immediately after cooking (before resting) can be more moist or more dry than what the result will be after resting, depending on where the samples are takes from.

Bark can be removed after the butt rests, the meat can then be pulled and bark can be mixed back into the meat--as much or as little as you wish, to taste. Lessbark = less spicy finish.

So, how was dinner?

Back