Pork Butt Timing Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Put on @ 6:00 PM 4 Pork Butt's, Bone In. Total weight Roughly 32 pounds. Two on top grate two on bottom. Brought temp to 225 fairly quickly and has been there for 3 hours. Dinner is not to be served until 7PM tomorrow night. I plan on maintaining the 225 until done. im thinking they should be done around 11:00 AM ? The question is whether to pull or not to pull. In retrospect I really should have waited until around 10 or 11 PM but I didnt. Any advice would be much appreciated. THANKS

I'd pull it and vacuum seal if you have a food saver. Very easy to reheat in a large pot of boiling water. If no food saver, put it in a ziplock bag with as much air taken out as possible and try reheating in oven or in a fry pan on the stove. Search for reheating techniques and you'll find a bunch of options.You'll probably get a few responses telling you to keep it whole too. But this works for me.

Good luck.

Kev
<span class="ev_code_RED">**EDIT**</span> check out this this post too

I just found this under reheating.

"If you prefer to keep the cooked pork butt whole and unpulled, wrap it in foil and refrigerate. Heat in the oven or smoker at 300°F until warmed to your liking, then pull, add leftover rub, and serve."

I smoked two butts yesterday 7/13 and have them whole in the refrigerator right now. I plan on trying this today for a party.

Good Luck

Back