pork butt reheating ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrell M

I plan to provide our office with some pulled pork next week at our Christmas party/lucheon. I am going to do an overnight cook and foil the butts in the morning and then hold in a ice chest until the party.

Looking at at five hours from when the butts come out of the WSM to being pulled at the office. Should the meat still be hot enough to serve or will I need to reheat?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thought about heating the pulled pork in a crock pot with finishing sauce if necessary.

I've tried the Vaunted Vineger Sauce from "Smoke and Spice" last week but found it a bit too vinegary for me. I'm still looking for a vinegar finishing sauce that's not too vinegary. If that exists. May resort to the sweet and tangy KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce.

There is a microwave at the office to reheat but I'm afraid that would only dry out this succulent meat.

Oh, Doug D thanks for steering me in the right direction. Found some pecan chunks at the Ace Hardware on Transcontinental like you said. Thought I died and went to heaven when I saw all of the barbecue pits & accessories they have.
icon_smile.gif

Using the pecan Monday on two racks of spare ribs.
icon_wink.gif

I think if you pull the butts off and get them wrapped tightly in double heavy foil and towels, and then into a warmed ice chest, you should be good to go for that long. Pulling should be a breeze, and fun to show off doing.

RE: Bassil's Ace. Never saw a hardware store devote 25% of its square footage to BBQ before, huh? If you ever have special requests, ask for Fred.

Terrell, I was just like you about toooo much vinegar. I will post a vinegar sauce recipe in the sauce section of recipes after dinner.
Calves liver awaits. Welcome.

See Lexington Sauce, the key to not tooooo
vinegary taste is a little water.

Doug, I was shocked to see a hardware store with so much BBQ stuff. An Ace hardware at that. Just want I've been looking for. Thanks!

Steve, Got your recipe for the Lexington sauce. Giving it a try tomorrow. Got all the ingredients in the pantry.
icon_smile.gif

Just got back from Sav-A-Center where my son talked me into buying a brisket, which wasn't difficult. I recently purchased John Willingham's book on Bar-B-Q so I might use his world champion brisket recipe next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back