Pork Butt Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Rempe

TVWBB All-Star
Hopefully this will work: click on the lick below to see how my first butt expereince went. Rave reviews from the crowd at home...thanks to Shawn W. for helping me with my techincal difficulty today! Also, big thanks to Bill for his help to during my pic post fiasco!!

click here

and then click pulled pork

and finally for thesammiches

You should consider resizing them to 500x375-- easier to view on browsers that don't resize pics automatically, and easier on your bandwidth restrictions-- at 1 megabyte apiece, you'll be shut down pretty quickly. (Easier on the dial-up viewer, too.)

You would have to use a graphics program-- most likely one came with your digital camera. Not only can .jpg images be resized without much loss of clarity, there are also options in most graphics programs to let you choose various levels of compression as well. My camera, for example, produces images that average 420KB in size at 1600x1200 pixels. I can resize them and compress them in Paint Shop Pro and end up with 500x375 at around 32 to 40KB.

Hi Greg,

I had a little time so I resized your pics for you. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif You can copy them from this page and update your post if you like. I'll leave them up for a couple of days...They look pretty good!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just did what Doug suggested using Paint Shop Pro. Resized your pics, created a basic web page with your pics on it, uploaded the page to my website and posted the link to it on Chris' FANTASTIC forum..And there you have it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

When I know I want an email pic I change the resolution on the camera and take a small pic to start with. It's a Canon, and I change the size to Small and the resolution to Normal.

Otherwise, I would do as the others already pointed out, resize through software.

Greg,

You need to copy those pics to your website and repost a link from there as these will only be available for another 24 hours ~ Sorry /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

A cheap (i.e. free) graphics viewer that permits resizing, rotating, cropping, and more is IrfanView.

It even performs lossless JPEG rotations which is nice so you don't have to recompress (and lose more data) after an image rotation.

Joe

Bill, thanks for the help. I've added a link that will show your re-sized pics. Thanks again my man...If in Cleveland give a shout and I will give you a smoke of your choice...or a steak!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back