Pork butt mop

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was talking to a friend who's a co-owner of a local restaurant, about the WSM. I mentioned that I'm going to do a pork butt this weekend and she suggested mopping it with a mixture of Black Jack and melted butter..... YUM!!!

What ratio of Black Jack to butter would you use?

Kelly

Isn't it a card game? The butter must make it easier to deal from the bottom of the deck.
(Sorry, Kelly)

LOL! Black Jack (I'm assuming) is Jack Daniel's black label...... but I like your version too, Rita! Black Jack may make the card game more interesting too! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kelly

lol....it's "Jack Black" Kelly. But we know what you mean. heh heh. I think I also remember calling it "Old # 7".

Glad to see "it wasn't me".
I'm pretty sure it's "Gentlemen Jack", commonly referred to as the Black Label.

But now, that we have, four of us knuckleheads, involved with this thread, whose dealing?

Jim

Jim, Gentelman Jack is actually Jack Daniel's answer to the "single barrell" bourbons. It's more expensive than the Black.

Ken

Ken
Isn't Jack Daniel's Single Barrel the answer to single barrel bourbons? Gentleman Jacks is not Black Label, it is the old green label run thru the charcoal filter twice making it very smooth
and tasty.
Jim

Hey,
We are getting too many people here for a game of black jack. Somebody is going to have to sit out and wait for an empty chair.
I'll sit out and go get the butter. Hey Kelly, what type of butter you usin? We might as well get this whole thing cleared up.
Rita will deal.

Jim

LOL! Thanks for the clarification, Rocky... It's rough being blonde sometimes! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Plain old salted butter, Jim. You sit this one out, I'll sit out the next one while I'm firing up the WSM.

Now back to the original question regarding the ratio... how about I just butter the butt and drink the Jack Black while we play black jack? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kelly

Jim M.-

I'm not sure I've ever seen Jack Daniel's single barrel. I've had the Gentleman Jack, and it is tasty. When I drink bourbon-like drinks, I usually drink Maker's Mark.

Ken

Ken
I perfer Gentleman to Single Barrel.
Single Barrel you can purchase the 50 gals, they bottle and label with your name on the label, you get the barrel and your name goes on the a wall at the distillery. Single is also sold by the bottle, it has more of a bite than Gentleman.
Jim

I'm a single malt scotch man myself so I don't drink bourbon anymore but when I di we used to call plain ole black label Jack Daniel's "Black Jack" to differentiate it from Green Label which was/is supposed to be of inferior quality. That eing said,it seems like a terrible waste of good whiskey. About a week ago I did a stuffed pork loin(4lbs) on my 22-1/2 in kettle. Stuffed it with a crawfish stuffing. Then sliced it about an inch thick and served it with a shrimp/cream sauce. The recipe had a simple basting sauce of butter/honey/Worcestershire that worked well in this application. Of course I cooked at a lot higher temp on the kettle.

Jim-

Wow, your very own single barrel bourbon! Some day, when I have money to spare, I might do that!

Thanks.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back