Pork-Butt Left-overs

M D Baldwin

TVWBB Super Fan
We did a 6 lb. Pork-Butt yesterday, rubbed, smoked and gobbled up. Tonight we do have left overs and did Bar B Cued sandwiches.
Here is what we did:
Take the left over pork and chop into small to medium pieces. Take half of a sweet onion and chop fine. Take 2-3 pieces of bacon and chop into about 1" pieces and fry in a pot, you may need to add a bit of oil. When about halfway done add the onion and cook until glistening.
Add the choped up pork butt to the pot and some bar b cue sauce-about 1/4-1/3 cup depending on the amout of pork you have. Cover it-don't drown it. cook for about 5 min., stirring frequently. Then add 1/2 to a full bottle of ale or dark beer. Let it cook down for about an hour. When it is thickened, serve on a bun.

Your recipe is on my list for my next leftovers. Thanks for posting it.
icon_smile.gif

Here's another use for leftover butt or brisket: BBQ Spaghetti w/ Butt or Brisket (Raichlen). We really liked it.

http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=98110183...090066473#5090066473

Rita

Hi All

I just discoverd last week throwing it in some noodles with roasted garlic alfredo sauce like a tuna cassarole.Loved it a lot it will now be a recipe i use all the time.The smoked pork adds a great flavor to alfredo sauce.Kinda perks it up.

SeeYaa
Jeff

OK, Jeff. You're committed. The rules are that when you mention a recipe, you MUST share it!
icon_wink.gif
Just kidding, but we *would* like your input. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Last night I had left over pulled pork with a side of dressing-stuffing to some folks.

Pork BBQ would be perfect IN dressing.

Others put giblets, sausage, oysters...BBQ would be just fine in a cornbread dressing!

I like to put it on grilled pizza. Mix some BBQ sauce with tomato sauce them your fav. topping and the pulled pork.

Back