poor man's GURU

Hunter Lewis

TVWBB Member
hey gents,
So as some fellow high altitude smokers may agree, I sometimes struggle to get my temps up when using the minion method at 6000 feet. Winds never help, but that's how it goes. I have on occasion used a small indoor fan and placed it near one of the bottom vents to serve as a billows for a few minutes to get my temp up to where I would like it. Has anyone else tried this? My only recommendation is to keep the fan speed low to avoid stirring ash and getting it on your tasty-Q.

Smoke on

hunter

The Guru has certainly made my life easier at 6000+ feet, but even with the Guru I've struggled at times.

What has realy made the biggest difference was a silver bullet cover from the Guru guys.

It's a cover for the WSM made out of the same material that fireman silver suits are made of. It blocks all of the wind and helps hold a layer of warm air around the WSM.

It cost me $100 and my first lasted over a year (used it every cook, even in the summer). Mine got so beat up looking and all the foil had come off so I finally bought a new one.

My neighbor saw my new one and asked for the old one. He used it and was so thrilled with the difference it made that he had me over for brisket.

Back