Platinum I convert from NG to LP....need orifice

Kevin Parsons

TVWBB Member
I'm looking to convert one of my Platinum I NG to propane. From what i can tell i need 2 things. 1) Is the propane hose with a regulator and 2) Propane orifices to swap with the the NG ones that are in there now.

I'm really having a hard time finding a part number for these...does anyone have any suggestions???

thanks

I should add the i have searched the forum for similar topics and pretty much have come up with 2 answers. either i buy a new manifold or go with these guys... www.grill-repair.com/weber332orifice.html

i was just hoping that someone might have a part number for the orifice itself...and if its possible to order from weber (but it sounds like its not possible) :(

I have an entire LP manifold including the tank hose from a Genesis 3000 ... I'm not sure if that will fit your platinum, but I'd be happy to let you have it for the cost of shipping. If you're interested, send me a PM.

Thanks,

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it is possible that if the manifold itself won't work, you might be able to rescue the orifices out of it and certainly the LP hose ..

That should fit his Platinum. OP the valves are different between the two. It's not just orifices. So it's fairly "easy" to go from LP to NG but you cannot go the other way because the low/medium temps will be way too high if you simply try to change orifices to go from NG to LP

thanks guys...i think i'll just hold tight and wait for a propane one to appear locally. Thus far its been extremely easy to find natural gas ones but propane seems to be a bit elusive...

Back