Platinum 1 3200

Michael Platt

weber.jpg
Greetings All,
As you can see, I'm about to join the 'Restore an Old Platinum' club. I've been waiting years for my Broil King Sovereign to die so I could justify a vintage Platinum (I like old, quality things so much more than anything new) but the BK keeps ticking and this natural gas Platinum 3200 was too good to pass up at $100 Cdn. Being in a semi-desert dry part of Canada means almost no rust, and it actually works very well as is. Needs a few things (missing the top flavorizer bars, warming rack and the thermometer is toast), and I plan to do a full cosmetic in spring. I'll post pictures as I go, and soon it will look as good as my Weber Bullet and the little go anywhere grill I'll store beneath it.
One question I don't see in all of my searches on this excellent site, was a rotisserie available for this era of Weber?
Cheers.

I
View attachment 41209
Greetings All,
As you can see, I'm about to join the 'Restore an Old Platinum' club. I've been waiting years for my Broil King Sovereign to die so I could justify a vintage Platinum (I like old, quality things so much more than anything new) but the BK keeps ticking and this natural gas Platinum 3200 was too good to pass up at $100 Cdn. Being in a semi-desert dry part of Canada means almost no rust, and it actually works very well as is. Needs a few things (missing the top flavorizer bars, warming rack and the thermometer is toast), and I plan to do a full cosmetic in spring. I'll post pictures as I go, and soon it will look as good as my Weber Bullet and the little go anywhere grill I'll store beneath it.
One question I don't see in all of my searches on this excellent site, was a rotisserie available for this era of Weber?
Cheers.
would like to know where is this semi-desert dry part of Canada that you speak of?

That grill looks to be in excellent condition to start with, so good pickup on your part. I'm sure it will really look good when you're done with it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Back