PizzaQue

Brian Green

Has anyone tried the PizzaQue Kit they sell at Home Depot for $99? I saw it last weekend and almost picked it up. The reviews on HD's site were all favorable.

Somebody on the forum talked about getting this a while back, but I don't remember who it was. It sure is priced right in comparison to some of the others out there though.

Not a bad deal for what's included. It provides a means for placing the pizza stone flush or just above flush with the top of the grill bottom, which is key. Then it props the kettle lid at a slight angle to create a mouth for the oven. It comes with a metal peel, which is nicer than wooden IMO, and a pizza stone. My biggest concern would be getting the top of the pizza done at the same time as the bottom, because of the large volume of air between the pizza and the lid, and the lack of any direct radiant heat on the top of the pizza. Perhaps some simple, inexpensive mods could improve this..?

I know this is an older thread, but I tried out the pizzaque a couple of weeks ago. I think maybe my temperature wasn't quite hot enough because it took more than the 5 minutes or so the instructions say. The top of the pizza was cooked well but I would have preferred some char on the bottom (there was little to none). Overall I was happy with the pizzaque. The slight taste of smoke was wonderfull. I didn't get any pics of the in progress, but here is a pic of the finished product.
imgimg

Back