Pizza, smash burgers and a half butt

Looks great, but please explain the smash burger and pizza setups to me.
that cast iron griddle is on top of a 22 wick kerosene stove (I burn diesel in mine). it's like a giant candle - normally I operate it out on the deck but it was a bit windy so we were in the garage.

the pizza setup is charcoal baskets on top of the cooking grate, cast iron griddle on top of the baskets and a pizza screen on top of the griddle. took me awhile to figure a setup that works for us - this is it.

that cast iron griddle is on top of a 22 wick kerosene stove (I burn diesel in mine). it's like a giant candle - normally I operate it out on the deck but it was a bit windy so we were in the garage.

the pizza setup is charcoal baskets on top of the cooking grate, cast iron griddle on top of the baskets and a pizza screen on top of the griddle. took me awhile to figure a setup that works for us - this is it.
Very creative.

20200718_172612.jpg
Here is my set up, I use the WSM 14 charcoal ring to raise my pizza stone to get the heat on the top, but I have always felt it was a touch to high. I am going to have to try your set up next time.

Oh that's a good idea with the ring! I like that steel too.
Edit - maybe it's a pizza stone that's blackened? Kind of looks like a steel.

Back