PitDroid: An Android app for your HeaterMeter

Google play will not install just offering to uninstall or open. Currently running 0.3
I uninstalled then installed it the installe dfrom google play

Yeah, if you installed any downloaded version you'll need to uninstall that and install it from the play store to get latest. Once you've done that you should get any future updates from the play store automatically though.

Colin thanks for the great app just uninstalled it and then installed from google play no issues. Left you a 5 star review also.

Pit droid to the rescue. Set low pit temp alarm at 200 and was awakened at 3:30 am. Had been holding 225 plus or minus 2 degrees for 12 hours. Fire had blocked with ash, used to many small peices of lump. I knocked off the ash the temp went back up and there will be brisket for Easter.

That's awesome that it caught that for you Dale!

I did a little work on PitDroid this weekend and ported over the "time until temperature" code from the webpage. It seems to work, but I want to try it out on the smoke I'll be doing next weekend before pushing it out to everyone.

Colin, I had one snafu with the alarm this weekend, but not 100% sure if i know what caused it. I tested alarms early for upper limit and they worked fine. I set an upper limit on a probe at 195 and got the pitdroid icon on the notification bar. Over the next 15 hours, while it cooked, i impatiently checked temps at least 20 times. When the alarm didn't sound I checked and it had gone over, the alarm was still set, the temp value was red in color and the pitdroid icon was not in the notifier area. Any idea what i could have done wrong? No harm done, It only went over 2 degrees and the pork shoulder was tasty.

Yeah, I've seen that before too RJ. The app is running, but somehow the service isn't. I've tried to dupe it but I haven't had any luck so far. I suspected it might have something to do with rotating the phone between landscape and portrait, since that restarts the app, but I did it a bunch with no issues. As I mentioned before, due to the fact of how the alarm is implemented it's not necessarily an error if the temp is red and the alarm hasn't gone off, but if you've got an alarm set and the notification icon is gone that's wrong. I'll keep looking into it, but if anyone comes up with a reliable way to reproduce it please let me know.

No, there isn't a way to change the set point from the app, although I wish there was! I need to add the administrator login before I can do that, and although Bryan told me how to do it I haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been having some wrist problems lately, so I've been trying to limit my programming to when I'm at work until that's resolved. I do have an update in the pipe that has the time until temp code from the webpage, and an update from user Eric to add panning and zooming on the graph.

I uploaded a new version to the Play Store yesterday, so everyone should get it automatically. User Eric T added pan/zoom support to the graph, and I ported over the time until alarm/degrees per hour stuff from the webpage. Let me know if you have any problems.

updated app crashes every time I try to load it on Galaxy S3. Previous version had never crashed before.
Rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled, still crashes whenever it starts. It was working before I updated, I had just got the heatermeter forwarding outside LAN working before I updated.
I didn't have any alarms set, so the service isn't running. It's not showing up as 'running' in the stock application manager (after crash). I'm not sure what else I can look up to help debug - let me know if you want to see something specific.

I uploaded a new version to the Play Store yesterday, so everyone should get it automatically. User Eric T added pan/zoom support to the graph, and I ported over the time until alarm/degrees per hour stuff from the webpage. Let me know if you have any problems.

I get a FC on galaxy S3. I did a force stop and cleared data with the same result. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. App starts then goes black, then the application has stopped message.

So weird. I smoked a brisket this weekend with no problems, but I'm getting the crash now too. According to the crash reports it's related to the new gridlayout I'm using for the dash view. I just tried to roll it back to the old version but it seems like I have to make a new version instead. I'll look at it when I get home from work, sorry to anyone trying to use it today.

Anybody else have problems after the update today. When I start the app I get this message Unfortunately, Pitdroid has stopped. I have a S3 if that matters.

Back