pit minder e-temp may have saved me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleatus H

TVWBB Member
To make a long story short... Was putting on 3 racks of ribs in a rib rack on the top grate and missed one of the tabs. The grate and ribs fell into the water pan and out of reflex I reached to catch them. Luckily I no longer use water because of my recently purchased pit minder. I would like to think I would have been smart enough to not reach if there was water, but I doubt it. I am sure I was saved from being scaulded by the pit minder. Safety was how I sold the purchase to my wife. I'm glad I'm not in the emergency room now. BTW, the ribs turned out great.

Hey there cleatus...

You got lucky, your hand could have been ´like Freddy´s in Nighmare on Elm Street ...

Tell a little more about the Pit Minder please, as i´m also interested in one of those and everyone´s talking bout the guru all the time.

Don Marco

The pit minder is made by the same company that makes the guru. It only has one probe and is used to control the temperature inside the pit. From my research it seems it cannot do the ramp mode everyone is talking about. That is the big difference. I felt I did not need the ramp feature so saved some money on the purchase. It works great so far.

Yeah, thats how far i knew about it , too... /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I´d like to hear something about how much charcoal you light, (Minion Method ?), installation of the unit and how stable the temps are.
What is the temperature range of the Pit Minder ?

Thanx,

Don Marco

Where do you get this pitminder? Internet, storefront etc. Also, what is the cost of these. I haven't heard any of the site's heaveweights mention anything like this. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back