pineapple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian A

I was thinking about peeling a whole pineapple, maybe some brownsugar cinnamin rub (suggestions)? and stand up and smoke it for 2-3 hours. Anyone ever do this? Any thoughts?

Brian

Never tried that!

I've done the pineapple slices on the kettle (high heat) dipped in coconut milk then dredged in cinnamon and sugar from the How to Grill book by Steven R. (BBQ Bible fame)

They are a crowd pleaser.

MikeZ

Brian,
Welcome aboard! I think you would be better off trying to do as Mike said. But I have never tried to smoke a pineapple. Pineapple are great on the grill as is many different types of fruit, because of the sugar content. When you grill them the sugar concentrates and carmelizes into a fantastic tasting treat. I am not sure if smoking it would give you the same flavor since it is at a much lower temperature. But you never know. If you decide to try it let us know how it turns out!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If I try it I may "Skin" it and serve it up for a Packer victory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That was wrong!! By the way don't core the pineapple, the core is delicious and tender when you smoke them!!!
icon_wink.gif
Trust me on that one!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Were you serious about the core? Thought for the Packer game I should core it and fill it with cheese.

Packer Backer

No, I wasn't serious about the core. You should skin and core it before cooking. I was kidding with you about the core because you said the Skins were gonna lose. What kinda cheese are you going to fill it with? Brie? Since you haven't smoked it before I would grill it and baste it with a combination of bourbon, brown sugar and butter and then put the brie on it at the last minute to melt a little. I have never tried the cheese on pineapple but it sounds pretty good! Let me know how it turns out! Hope the Packers loss does not make it taste bad!
icon_biggrin.gif

If you grow your own pineapple - and I know that eliminates most people on this forum - keep the core in as it could well be tender and delicious. I know this from experience.

You do know you can cut the top off of a pineapple, stick it in the ground, care for it, and later you'll have a pineapple plant, right?

Don't know squat about the Packers or Skins.
icon_eek.gif

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back