Picked up a Flame

John G (Boston)

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello Everyone,

Made a trip up to Portsmouth, NH the other day to pick up this Flame - which I bought from the original owner. It was a bit of a trip, raining most of the way. I took the "Tee-Pee" apart and it fit right into the Prius (I met the guy under an overpass to do the sale and the dismantling because of the downpours). Next day I dismantled most of the rest of it and checked over all the parts.

It's in pretty good shape - no rust except for a couple of the bolts and a little on the tank gauge. The top does have a little chipping along the edges (as do most of these). I think all eight logs are there and in decent shape, as are the lava rocks. The igniter gas collector (which is different than those in the grills) looks in good shape, as does the burner. Sadly, the control knob has been partially eaten some by some kind of animal - but it's still usable. That might be tough to find.

My plan is to clean everything up and use this on our deck.

-John

Attachments

• Fits in a Prius.jpg
    Fits in a Prius.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 30
Yah, those damn mice. You might call Weber on the control knob. They might still have them in stock. Otherwise, do a little checking as it may even be the same knob used on other weber products.

You could really just get away with any Weber control knob. The knob simply has a marker on it. All the settings are stamped on the Flame itself.

20230606_204317.jpg20230606_204321.jpg20230606_204344.jpg20230606_204349.jpg

Last edited:
Yah, those damn mice. You might call Weber on the control knob. They might still have them in stock. Otherwise, do a little checking as it may even be the same knob used on other weber products.

You could really just get away with any Weber control knob. The knob simply has a marker on it. All the settings are stamped on the Flame itself.

View attachment 72119View attachment 72120View attachment 72121View attachment 72122
Thank You for the photos, Bruce... Wow, they must have been hungry. That was a pretty big knob - not much left of mine. I'll get some pictures as I start working on it.

Good score! What is it about rain on roadtrips? One time we went from southern Rhode Island to central Maine to pick up a retired Russian Blue breeder and it rained all the way in both directions. Even lost a rear disk brake pad on the Maine Turnpike on the way home. Went to north side of Boston to pick up a computer, same thing. Not an issue since we moved west. Wish it actually would rain at times. Only get enough in showers to get that wet concrete smell.

Back