Pick up at Noon

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well as some noted in the pellet grill threads, I too wife in for knee replacement surgery yesterday and they kept her over night. Got a call from hospital nurse earlier today. Explaining she was calling about my wife. I asked "oh boy what did she do now?"
Anyway I guess my reprieve is over. They want me to pick her up at noon :D
I guess they did not install the grease fitting as I had requested either. Hope was when I greased the Kubota I could grease her knee.
Anyway she's doing well and relaxing with her Oxy. Honestly the Oxy is the only scary part IMO. But I guess that is the only way to keep the comfort level after a major surgery like this

I had a small blip with oxy for pain......I didn't need them for more than a few days, but found myself going to take more for minimal reasons....
I would end them asap for those reasons.......

Glad she is doing ok. I understand the knees are the hard ones to do. I had my first hip done 2weeks ago so far so good. One down three to go for me. Give her my best.

Talk to the Doc or nurse about a ice machine. They might have one or you could rent. My Son got one for his knee surgery.

Well as some noted in the pellet grill threads, I too wife in for knee replacement surgery yesterday and they kept her over night. Got a call from hospital nurse earlier today. Explaining she was calling about my wife. I asked "oh boy what did she do now?"
Anyway I guess my reprieve is over. They want me to pick her up at noon :D
I guess they did not install the grease fitting as I had requested either. Hope was when I greased the Kubota I could grease her knee.
Anyway she's doing well and relaxing with her Oxy. Honestly the Oxy is the only scary part IMO. But I guess that is the only way to keep the comfort level after a major surgery like this
Our best to her.
I've been putting off a hip & a knee for over 20 years. Got enough metal to get through TSA already.

@LMichaels Tell your wife you got a receipt so you still can return her in case of defects..... :D

Joint replacement science has advanced tremendously over my life time. Still, the biggest thing beyond the surgery itself is keeping up with physical therapy.

Friend of mine is going to have his 3rd hip replacement at some point in the not too distant future, he's worn out 2 (first replacement done when he was 18.) Apparently, his new apparatus is going to have replaceable wear surfaces so the stems won't have to be pulled out & replaced.

Talk to the Doc or nurse about a ice machine. They might have one or you could rent. My Son got one for his knee surgery.
They sent her home with one. She's using it right now

My wife had something similar done on both knees. It was a series of 4 shots staggered one week.
She inquired about this, but the damage from previous injuries and 3 previous surgeries was so bad there was no alternative

My wife had something similar done on both knees. It was a series of 4 shots staggered one week.
That's what I originally thought but the doctor said one and done...Gel One. I was in and out in 30 minutes. Knees felt like new a week later. It's been almost 8 months since. was able to surf last summer and fall. When they start hurting again...another shot. Lasts up to 1 year for many folks.

Back