Pi Rebooting

PatM

Hi all. I think I have one more hurdle to jump. I thought that my HM was working great until I tried to plug in my Pit Probe while plugged in with the power supply. If I have power plugged directly into the Pi, all is fine. However when I plug the HM in with the power supply and plug in the Pit probe, the LCD will continually flash and I think it is because the Pi is continuously rebooting. Attached is a picture. In the circled area, whenever I go to check the voltage, the lcd will start flashing thus reproducing the problem that I had when inserting the Pit probe. As far as I can tell, all other voltages check out ok. All the other probes work fine. Thanks!!

i86Nzl.png

Last edited:
Sounds like a short in the blower output circuit. Did you check the other diode to make sure it wasn't reversed too? Also check for shorts at the blower's output connector (the ethernet jack) and the parts near it.

Sounds like a short in the blower output circuit. Did you check the other diode to make sure it wasn't reversed too? Also check for shorts at the blower's output connector (the ethernet jack) and the parts near it.

Thanks! That was it. Idk why I got those in backwards twice. I guess I was working too late and not paying attention :)

Back