Performer Thermometer Upgrade?

This is cool, I posted about this Shop Small Amex offer in the Buy and Sell sub forum....well apparently it works if you buy direct from Tel Tru! $5 cash back from Amex, pretty nice

Screenshot_20200716-223738(1).png

The kettle knock off built by SnS, has the temp gauge on the vent side of the lid, shown here by Cooking with Ry. Vid should start at proper point, 6:52

So still no Thermometer from Tel Tru. Looks like they are out of New York, which explains why the delay...

I found this store based out of Kansas City, KS. The thermometer was actually slightly less expensive. I ordered yesterday and got a shipping confirmation this morning. AND I also earned the $5 cash back for shopping small from Amex!
Looks like they sell quite a few different sauces and rubs, but like a dummy I forgot to include those in my order. Prices seem decent.

I cancelled my order from Tel-Tru

So still no Thermometer from Tel Tru. Looks like they are out of New York, which explains why the delay...

I found this store based out of Kansas City, KS. The thermometer was actually slightly less expensive. I ordered yesterday and got a shipping confirmation this morning. AND I also earned the $5 cash back for shopping small from Amex!
Looks like they sell quite a few different sauces and rubs, but like a dummy I forgot to include those in my order. Prices seem decent.

FYI I called Tel Tru customer service yesterday, and they told me that my thermometer is in the production queue and is expected to ship the week of August 24.

My BQ100 just arrived. Only took 6 days to get to my house from the day I ordered!

Install was very easy and it fits in the stock bezel nicely. No drilling needed. Pardon the carbon build up in the picture, need to clean this one.

Haven't used it yet or did the water test, but will report back after I do.

IMG_20200817_155339.jpgIMG_20200817_155348.jpg

Taking my new Tel-Tru thermometer for a test drive on my most recent addition. 2012 Crate & Barrel Performer. This thing is in mint condition, got so lucky to find this one.

IMG_20200823_181811.jpg

I like the look. Definitely easier to read but doesn’t look goofy big.

The WSM bezel is the same size (may be identical). I’m going to add the same therm to my WSM.

Either of you guy's test the tel-tru's for accuracy in boiling water yet?
I did, it was right at 210. In the upper part of the SMOKE section on my therm.

Still have not done the probe on grate test to compare lid temp vs grate. Been raining a lot here...so not much grilling going on

My old Weber one was so out of whack. On a hot 90 degree day is would read about 120 with no charcoal in the grill :ROFLMAO:

Kyle, thanks for the response as I am looking at these now as my weber is about 35 to 50 degrees on the cool side. The 100 looks like a perfect fit.

I plan on adding a thermometer to my Performer by drilling out the rivet on the vent and installing it in the center of the vent and keep the factory one also.
I figure this will give me two areas to monitor.

Back