performer lid holder on OTG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger M

TVWBB Member
Anyone ordered the parts from weber to do this before? I know i should have just got a performer... Next season maybe. The lid hook they come with kinda sucks.

Isn't it the same lid holder? Have you thought about the accessory lid holder that fits over the edge of the lower half of the kettle.

Pat and Roger the one I have fits over the lid and is called the Slide A Side. It's better than the hook but probably not as good as the one that comes with the performer for sure. I think I will permanantly attach it to the kettle in the future so when I lift it it doen't fall to the ground. But I do like it.

The BIG difference between the two is that the holder for the Perf doesn't allow the lid to clear the grate completely whereas the Slide-a-side does. You can look at some of the vids at Weber nation to see waht I mean. Since I just got my Perf and ahd ahd the Slide-A-Side onm y old Kettle I am trying to adjust to the difference.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roger M:
I wasnt even aware of that option from weber, i'm gonna order one this week! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

order it before april 1st on weber.com and you can get free shipping...details here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back