Performer in a 26.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

M. Chesney

TVWBB Fan
I'm wondering with the great popularity of the performer that weber would consider making a 26.75 performer. They already make these large kettles anyways so I'm wondering if they would consider producing a larger performer line. Anyone here work for weber?

I think the 22 is alll they would make.
Reason being is that it is more likely that the majority would buy it.
Unlike the 26, only a select few is likely to pay the extra dollars for it.
It would be cool though. I wish they woould do more "Limited Edition" grills.
Especially some that are regional.

Originally posted by AJ S.:
I think the 22 is alll they would make.
Reason being is that it is more likely that the majority would buy it.
Unlike the 26, only a select few is likely to pay the extra dollars for it.
It would be cool though. I wish they woould do more "Limited Edition" grills.
Especially some that are regional.

I think everybody with a Performer and/OR a 26 grill would at least consider buying it though...especially if it was a limited edition item.

M. Chesney, every time I call Weber's help line (and remember) and make that suggestion. They seem to take the suggestion seriously. Like, I don't think they are going to make one just because 1 guy suggests it, but I get the feeling they are tracking suggestions from customers in general and would probably make one if enough people expressed an interest.

How about an annual "collector's edition" limited run that changes each year.......

I could see that having some appeal.

Pat

I could go for a 26.75". I was looking at a 26.75" in the hardware store by my house Friday and thought it sure would be nice to have all that cooking surface but I don't want to give up my work surface to get it.

I'd really like to see the 26.75" in a redesigned bigger cart. That would be awesome.

I'll be honest...just in speaking about the 26.75" kettle..I'd rather get another 22.5". Does it give you more room, yes. But I feel it's WAY over priced! I mean you can get 2 x 22.5" black OTGs for $269.12 on Amazon which is still $30 cheaper than one 26.75".

Originally posted by Chuck_B:
I'll be honest...just in speaking about the 26.75" kettle..I'd rather get another 22.5". Does it give you more room, yes. But I feel it's WAY over priced! I mean you can get 2 x 22.5" black OTGs for $269.12 on Amazon which is still $30 cheaper than one 26.75".

Your math is correct, but you could also look at it as paying just 30 bucks more to have the convenience of extra space and the ability to cook a ton of food for parties without having to hassle with keeping up with 2 fires. Considering the grills will probably last 30 years, you're really only paying a premium of $1 dollar a year. Not bad considering how many times a year we cook.
icon_wink.gif

I like my 26.75 i got at Academy last year for $118 plus tax, i also have 2-22otg kettles, the 2 kettles give you more room, but the 26.75 gives you that extra height between the grilling grate and lid, can cook whole turkeys no matter the size, can cook beer can chickens without hitting the lid etc....also i am fixing to mount my 26.75 on a table like a performer.

Originally posted by Noe:
I like my 26.75 i got at Academy last year for $118 plus tax, i also have 2-22otg kettles, the 2 kettles give you more room, but the 26.75 gives you that extra height between the grilling grate and lid, can cook whole turkeys no matter the size, can cook beer can chickens without hitting the lid etc....also i am fixing to mount my 26.75 on a table like a performer.

That's the approach I ended up taking:

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...871032116#8871032116

and haven't looked back. In fact, I recently added the touch-n-go ignition ($40 or so in parts), and I'm about to build some coal and wood storage into it, so it may as well be a performer. Still an "open" work in progress, who knows what's next in store for this thing.

I would love to see them build a 26" version, but it seems they don't even want to get too far into the accessories market with the 26. Sie tables, special grates, etc. are all made for the 18.5 and 22.5.

I almost bought the 26 about a week ago, but got the Platinum since I already had a 22.5 and can work the heat real well, But I will get a 26 sooner or later. I used both kettles together and it is great!
Originally posted by Chuck_B:

I am guessing pricing and volume are a lot to do with why they don't have a 26.75" Performer. I believe a 22" OTG is $149 and a 26.75" is $299. Following a little logic, if a 22" Performer is $329, which adds $180 essentially for the table/gas option, if they kept the same formula for the 26.75" Performer, they would have to charge $479 for a 26.75" Performer. Now how many of you are interested? I am guessing some of you just agreed you could live with a 22" Performer!! I would love to have a 26.75" Performer also, but probably would stick with a 22" if a 26.75 was going to run $479 or even $449...

Originally posted by Jason Medley:
I am guessing pricing and volume are a lot to do with why they don't have a 26.75" Performer. I believe a 22" OTG is $149 and a 26.75" is $299. Following a little logic, if a 22" Performer is $329, which adds $180 essentially for the table/gas option, if they kept the same formula for the 26.75" Performer, they would have to charge $479 for a 26.75" Performer. Now how many of you are interested? I am guessing some of you just agreed you could live with a 22" Performer!! I would love to have a 26.75" Performer also, but probably would stick with a 22" if a 26.75 was going to run $479 or even $449...
Imho the performer is way over priced for the little extra you are getting. I really do not care for the gas ignition. I love the table, but i can build a lot better table than what weber gives you with the performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back