Performer gas assist problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Blackwell

TVWBB Member
I Picked it up on craigslist about a month ago and Have used it numerous times.
I went to use it yesterday and the gas knob just turns round and round and no gas.. I dont see a set screw for the knob, any suggestions?. It has a new gas tank I have only used once or twice.
Thanks

Which model do you have? If its the newer one, it sounds lilke the knob (valve) that you turn to allow the propane to flow is defective.
That may be under warranty. Check your date code and call Weber. Are you able to change this out yourself?

Yes, I can change it out no problem.. Thinking it is just the knob but they only sell the whole assembly.. 26.90 plus 7 shipping. Not sure I want to spend that much.

I might try to pry the knob off as it has no set screw that I can find.. Feels like just the knob turning on the shaft to me..

Oh, by the way, it is a DZ so Weber says 2008.

Same for me, I just took the knob off and turned it with pliers. I am going to call weber and get a new knob or some pliers
icon_smile.gif

You can buy knobs at Radio Shack. I think they have set screws. I had an old cheap propane stove that I take as a back up when camping.
Itt had been in the attic so long, that the plastic knobs disintegrated. I was going to toss it becuase I couldn't find a knob anywhere.
The Shack had a pair for like $3. Worked like a charm. I doubt you can buy it form Weber. Only the whole assembly.

Just put a flat head screw driver behind it and pushed. I actually claimed under the warrenty with Weber and they sent me the complete assembly. Never bothered fitting it though as happy just using the shaft

Disappointed in weber. They only sell the assembly for 27.00 plus 7.00 shipping. I removed the knob and the regulator works just fine with pliers but you can't get just the knob. Crazy as far as I am concerned.

I guess I will try radio shack or just jb weld it back on.

Thanks for ll the help.

Originally posted by William Blackwell:
Disappointed in weber. They only sell the assembly for 27.00 plus 7.00 shipping. I removed the knob and the regulator works just fine with pliers but you can't get just the knob. Crazy as far as I am concerned.

I guess I will try radio shack or just jb weld it back on.

Thanks for ll the help.

If you're disappointed in Weber, I would be glad to take the OTS, Performer, and WSM off your hands for a reduced price, so you can go by something else...
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back