Performer dimension requested

Steve P. (Timmee)

TVWBB Member
I'm looking to modify a Genesis silver frame to fit my 22.5 OTG and 22.5 WSM (it's too narrow right now), and I'm unsure how close the frame rails get to the bowl of a production Performer. Can anyone tell me the inner dimension between the front and back frame rails?

I measured my Performer with the plastic top and get 22-1/8" between the frame rails. The Performers use those right angle brackets between the frame and the bowl, but there are other ways to mount the bowl if you need to.

I measured my older performer with the square tubing frame and stainless steel top and get the same measurement. 22-1/8"

Awesome. Thanks for the info, now I know what length to cut the steel to. I'm still going to have to figure out the propane tank and side burner mounting on the widened frame, but as soon as I can get the rust sanded down and over to my uncle's house for welding (I don't have a welder, and he offered to help me out), I should be able to get it going. I'm also going to need to weld up some brackets to bolt to both the frame and bowl, but my uncle has said that he's willing to help me with that as well.

I wish Weber would sell the bowl brackets, and we could just bolt them to the bowl. Other hardware store brackets would work, but would not look as nice.

Back