performer cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay k.

TVWBB Member
I just bought a perfomrer and thought why would I spend another $40-$50 on the weber made cover when I could just use my gassers old cover.

Well this morning I woke up and the table section has a pool of water on the cover that is sitting flat, I assume under the cover there is some wetness.

What do you guys do? suck it up and get the weber cover? or use a std cover? or no cover ever?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jay k.:
I just bought a perfomrer and thought why would I spend another $40-$50 on the weber made cover when I could just use my gassers old cover.

Well this morning I woke up and the table section has a pool of water on the cover that is sitting flat, I assume under the cover there is some wetness.

What do you guys do? suck it up and get the weber cover? or use a std cover? or no cover ever? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Weber cover for my One-Touch Platinum is very simular if not identical to the Performer cover and it is flat across the table section and collects water also.

Hey Jay, here in Canada, the performer cover is more expensive so i bought a temporary on from costco, for $29 CAN, that is too big but is doing its job for now.

I just ordered the weber performer cover from amazon for $39.99 and will be picking it up in about a week and a half from across the border while i am there anyways.

$39 US is very good price to me, compared to the price in Canada and i was planning on buying one from day one.

I love my performer and want to make sure to get a good cover for it that will protect it while i use it in the Canadian winter.

I never saw a Performer cover yet but i am guessing it will be good quality and worth the money.

I have my broil king gasser good quality cover for over two years now and it is still doing its job.

hope this helps.

elmo

I try to take the best of care of all my toys...grills included. I have the older style performer and it was hard to find a cover. I had to go to Weber and pay $50, fits like a glove and was well worth it. A small investment like a cover will prolong the life of anything. If you take care of your "stuff" it will last a long time...I hope to enjoy my grill for mannnnny years.

from you rprofile pic, it appears that I have the exact same performer, about 10 years old. I have been without a cover for the last couple years. Did you have to special order the cover from Weber? I don't see it on the web site. That is a great grill.

I just picked up a used Genesis 1000 (actually picked up 3, th eother 2 are for my two older kids). My wife is afraid to light the charcoal so when I am away she can use the gas. No question I prefer the charcoal though.,

Hello Tom, I think prior year 2002 the grill cover is different I could not find the cover anywhere, Ace Hardware could not even order because it was "discontinued" But yeah..I had to order the cover from Weber. You will have to call and order. Mine is a 1998, love it.

I guess I feel like my original question still has not been answered.

Does the weber cover made for the performer, prevent water from pooling up on the side table?

The images I have seen on the web show the cover lying flat on the table.

Please convince me to buy the $40-50 cover meant for the performer instead of continuing to use my old std gas grill cover.

Mine lays flat. Buy it. "a little bit" of water will gather...but I feel it is totally worth it. This will keep your grill from looking like garbage like many do, that are not even that old, when a cover could of prevented much damages. Im trying to convince you to buy it...go buy it now
icon_biggrin.gif

I would recommend buying the cover. One time charge protects your baby for years and it fits right. I've had a few Performers new and old over the years (have 1 of each now) and the covers have changed some. The newer ones are a tad lighter than the older ones and my last used Performer came with a Weber cover that has velcro strips on each end to cinch it tigher. Never seen this on any other Weber cover but it sure holds tight in the wind.

I've been using the cover from my old gasser on my Performer, and it let some water onto the table.
It seems that seams are the main problem with most covers.
What helps with the old gasser cover, and I hope will work on the new Performer cover coming this week, is an inverted bowl on the table to hold it up a bit to let the water run off better, rather than pool-up.
I used black duct tape on my new Q-220 cover, along the seams, and the huge vent area.
I should have put the tape on the inside, it would have looked better. A re-do is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back