Pellet Storage?

SteveF (Alpine)

TVWBB Fan
Unless I missed it, I don’t see a thread on pellet storage. Let’s see what cool and unique ideas you can share. Not really interested in the Weber pellet purse or continuing to pour pellets from the bag and leaving the half used bag on my patio, I’ll go first. We use one of the Gamma2 containers for dog food and really like it, so I got one for the pellets too. I found the the Perfect scoop for the hopper. It’s the perfect width for adding or removing pellets and it’s one of the few with a flat face for scooping out the hopper if you’d rather not put a bucket under. Lastly I put a 50 gram Silica gel pouch in there to keep the pellets dry. I realize this doesn’t address multiple flavor pellets, but it does quite well addressing a favorite or “go to” pellet. Which for me has become Pit Boss Competition Blend. This is 60 pounds in the 60 pound container (dog food is way less dense than pellets). The 40 would work great too, but I wanted a little more storage for $6 more.

F221C8BA-4935-47B2-B115-BC3B6BF5BAE8.jpeg

521D0162-5226-4DBC-947C-0EFB4F01BEEE.jpeg

I have some clean plastic 5 gallon paint cans that I use. Not fancy but no cost and does the job. A piece of masking tape with the contents written on it on the lid.

I have some clean plastic 5 gallon paint cans that I use. Not fancy but no cost and does the job. A piece of masking tape with the contents written on it on the lid.
I use 5 gallon buckets form Lowe’s, I splurge for the lids. I’d like a pelletcan but $400 ain’t no joke.

Back