peach wood

Tim Fig

I recently came across a batch of this wood and must say i really like it. I don't hear of its use like others and was just wondering why? Isn't the south full of peach trees? I use apple most of the time because my friends parents own a orchard and i can get it easily. I prefer apple but this peach sure is nice to.

Steve Peterone uses a pic of peaches for his avatar and his sig says peach kissed Q. I remember reading many times how he likes to use peach. I just got my hands on some peach not too long ago but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I just got my hands on some beech today. I have heard that isn't too bad either. I can't wait to try it.

I buy wood from a local orchard 4 dollars for a bushel it is usually peach and apple mixed and I love both mixed with something a little stronger like maple

I love using peach wood. I'd use more if I could get more. The orchard I frequent has plenty of peach trees but for some reason I can't seem to find a lot of good peach wood. It seems to be on the rotten side a lot of times. But when I find some I scarf it up.

Local wood is best. I like to think of it the way wine makers talk about their local soil and weather. It provides a sense of place. Everybody that thinks their Q is best can attribute some of it to the local wood-that makes it difficult to duplicate elsewhere.

Peach is a very good with hickory or pecan.

Back