PartyQ from BBQ Guru ?

Received my PartyQ last week and cooked with it over the weekend. Long story short, I give PartyQ 4/5.

The thing works exactly as advertised. Its small and is overall less of a hassle than my old Competitor. The fan provides plenty of air to smoke with my Weber and ceramic. The brown bushings or whatever allow the PartyQ to plug directly into a standard BBQ Guru adapter that is used with a regular PitViper fan. The battery life seems a non issue at this point.

My only complaint that the pit probe is non-removable. Other than the low cost, convenience is the biggest asset of the PartQ, and not having the ability to remove the probe is the only detraction from an otherwise great product.

Originally posted by Justin W:
Just out of curiosity, does it have a damper adjuster on the blower?
It does not.

The fan itself is pretty small, though, so I don't think that presents much of an issue.

I was just reading on the guru site and they mention to buy it if you already have a guru adapter. If not, buy the adapter for $20. Going to call tomorrow to confirm because the wife just asked me what I wanted for xmas.

Got an answer from them this morning.

Harris,

Our original thought was that you would be able to operate this unit on a WSM with an adaptor. After using and testing this method we realized an adaptor was quite useful. We now offer the Party Q with a WSM adaptor for $139.00

The PartyQ works in all of our adaptors.

Does any one have any additional reviews or thoughts on the partyq now that it has been out a bit longer?

Back