Parts

GavinH

TVWBB Member
Hi,
My main gasser is a genesis 1000 circa '98

This silver B has popped up and if I can get it cheap is it worth getting for any parts that can fit mine ? manifold, burners etc ?
I'm curious as those parts seem to be the least available and wasn't sure what can be grabbed off a donor
Thanks
silver.JPG
silver2.JPG

Hi,
My main gasser is a genesis 1000 circa '98

This silver B has popped up and if I can get it cheap is it worth getting for any parts that can fit mine ? manifold, burners etc ?
I'm curious as those parts seem to be the least available and wasn't sure what can be grabbed off a donor
Thanks
View attachment 45946
View attachment 45947
Hi Gavin, there are only a few parts interchangeable between the first generation, yours, and the second generation of Genesis in the pictures.

Cooking surfaces, most lids, knobs, tank scales and wheels are interchangeable. Not always matching but useable.

The firebox, burners, manifold assembly, control panel, large drip pan and frame are not interchangeable.

They use different flavor bars schemes too.

The Genesis Silver B in the picture could be fixed in my opinion…

The parts that are not interchangeable include: cookbox, bottom pan, flavorizer bars, burners, manifold, control panel. The frames are different to the point you cannot stuff a 1000 cookbox into a Silver B frame. I was advised it would not work and the advice I was given was correct, though I tried anyway.

Parts that will work on both the silver B and the 1000 are: Lid, cooking grates, and I think you can make the igniter work.

You can fit the Silver B table ends, and trays, but the 1000 frame doesn't have a catch for the swing up table to stay up.

Gavin, if you are looking for a Silver B, I think you should look for one without the cabinet. They will have far less problems and require far less work to get them fixed up.

Thanks Bruce, but I'm sticking with my Gen 1000 ...its a beaut and I was just trying to future proof it by scavenging some spare parts.

Ahhh, yah, I understand that. You will find some donor 1000 grills if you are patient and keep your eyes open.

Back