Partial cook a brisket?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Using the 'finish 'er off in the oven' method, I was wondering if anybody has partially cooked a brisket, wrapped it up in the fridge, and finished it the next day in the oven? My goal is to have brisket by lunchtime on Saturday, but I won't be able to Minion it overnight. Any input or ideas?

Thanks in advance!

My concern would be would it end up being dried out or too falling-apart, since you are taking it back up through the temp range from the refrigerator to wherever you stopped cooking before twice. I suppose wrapped tightly in foil, you may be OK.

I thought about that. Might be better off just cooking it fully the day before and just reheating it. Not ideal, but probably my best bet.

I find brisket reheats best after slicing. I use the microwave on really low power (30%), with a little broth (a Tbsp. or so per serving), and only nuke it a minute at a time, checking it for warmness until it's to my liking.

The oven-finished recipe calls for taking it to 165-170* before moving to the oven. Following that, there shouldn't be a food safety concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back