Pam???

Weston

TVWBB Fan
I have used a Weber grill pan on my gasser for some time now cooking veggies, which I coat in EVOO before coating. But if I use something, say meat in a non-oil marinade I notice it sticks to the grill pan....My question is can I use pam on the Weber Style Grill Pan? Also will spraying pam on that effect my cast iron grates below the pan? What do you guys think about Pam and general grill use?

Pam works well but for best results, you need the Pam specifically for grilling (high heat). It says Grilling right on the front of the can.

Okay I have seen the "high heat for grills" Pam so I will get that....I just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't about to do something crazy lol....Thanks guys!

If you prefer EVOO then buy a Misto. I use it on all my vegis and sometimes my meat if needed. The Misto is a hand pump spray that you fill with whatever oil you want. Works very well and you can put good quality oil in it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James O'Brien:
If you prefer EVOO then buy a Misto. I use it on all my vegis and sometimes my meat if needed. The Misto is a hand pump spray that you fill with whatever oil you want. Works very well and you can put good quality oil in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks James, that is a great idea!

I use Pam all the time on my Genesis. One word of warning,though. Preheat the grill and basket,the turn the heat OFF before spraying. I saw my neighbor almost lose his eyebrows by NOT turning his ECB off. We were laughing,but he wasn't!

@Phil- Safety first!!!
icon_smile.gif

I haven't seen much of a difference in the original Pam and the high heat / grilling Pam for flame ups.

The one difference I do see is I can get a 2 pack of the very large bottles of original Pam for $5 at Sams that last me a very long time.

I agree with James O'Brien, get the Misto. I have three, one for cooking oil, one for EVOO, and one a light spritz of vermouth in my martini.

Back