painting a Genesis 3xx frame without dis-assembly... bad idea / or maybe it will be OK ???

I like the guy that basically paints over an old grill grease and all and then asks $300-$400 for his "restored" gems. Someone on here has posted his ads before, classic.

The copper one was $50 plus gas and time including three propane tanks, one half full. The "fire sale" was a freebie. I bought the copper one for the LP manifold, and the valves are in my personal grill. This was a net $70 savings vs buying a new manifold so it really doesn't owe me anything.

I might just cut my losses ( in time ) on these two, put together one that works and offer it up for cheap.

First off, the obvious. This is your hobby - do what makes you happy.

Thanks for reminding me that this is a hobby and its supposed to be fun !

Getting a car back in the garage will make me happy :D

TBH, I think I'll have more fun doing wood slats on a Genesis 3 than trying to make a few more bucks off of one of these.

I totally understand just wanting to re-home something that you got to cannibalize for parts, I would have a hard time just putting a working grill out to the curb as well lest the scrappers get ahold of it. Those versions of the Genesis go for pretty cheap around here as well so it probably isn't worth it to go to crazy on one anyway unless you have a chance to really make it nice without buying a lot of expensive parts. I also agree that making new wood for a classic is very satisfying.

Back