paint problems with Cajun Bandit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Mc

TVWBB Super Fan
Any one have problems with the paint peeling off of the Cajun Bandit?I have had mine about 2 months now and used it about 6 times, and the paint is peeling right off!!! Under the paint is bare steel with no signs of being abrasive cleaned or primer.I e-mailed Chris and waiting for reply. He is really good about cust. support.
Just trying to find out if it is just mine or what.

I know right???? that's why I couldn't believe it when it peeled right off and nothing but shiny bare steel !!!!
icon_eek.gif
I have had nothing but problems with this Bandit thing, but Chris has always made it right for me. I should have gone with the WSM instead of trying to save a couple hundred bucks.

i've never ever had a problem with my bandit.

i love that thing. sucks that you got a bad one. I'm sure Chris will take care of it for you.

I am sure Chris will as well. I sent him a couple pics of the paint coming off.(not that I needed to, having dealt with him), He is REALLY good about service. I had a few problems with stuff I ordered and he made it right.
And yes, I LOVE my Bandit as well !!!!
I did a pork butt on it last weekend,(24 hour cook) I used frontier lump and it stayed at 200-205 for the entire time with adding just a little more lump it the morning.

that's awesome!

We chatted on the phone for over an hour when i got my bandit. He was coaching me on getting the bandit (and my bowl and lid) to be perfectly round.

I promised him i'd review the bandit on my site, and I have failed. I should get on that, it's been more than a year already :\

Hey Ken, why was that cook 24 hrs? 1.5 hrs per lb at 225 to 250 gets it done most of the time.
Do you feel that the longer cook added something?
I know, wrong forum for the question..

I wanted it to melt in my mouth with absolutely no fat in it. I saw somewhere down south at a BBQ joint where they did it that long.
Mine turned out sooooo juicy and fall apart goodness. made pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw on top and a good sauce. My next one will be as long as well. I did one for 14 hours and it wasn't what I had envisioned for pulled pork It didn't fall apart in the middle.Oh and it was a 10 lb. pork butt.

Hey Ken, I jsut thought that it would completely dry out if you cooked it that long.. Sounds like you got it right..

nope AJ, not a bit of dryness !! I pulled it off the smoker with a spatula and juice going everywhere.Had to use that cause it fell aparttrying to pull it off the grill..lol..

On the note about peeling paint, Chris is making good on his product. He said he has had a few do that and that he is going to powder coat them now and that he will send me a new one when he gets set up. THAT'S customer service !!

Nice going Ken! When you get that new Bandit, let me know if you would be interested in a trade for the old one. I might have something you want.
OK, so back to the butt, Have you thought of wrapping it sometime in the cook? Might make it esier to pull off the grill.. Or maybe putting it into a pan.. How was the smokieness on it?
My last few have not had much smoke to them and I can't figure out why.. Tried diffferent wood, no help.
Maybe just need more in there..

smokieness was good. used Pecan chunks, layered throughout the lump.
I told Chris I would send the old one back, but if he changes his mind.....
wsmsmile8gm.gif
All I am getting though is just the center section, not everything else, So if Chris doesn't want it back, all I would be able to trade is the barrel part....maybe a nice brownie????
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back