Overnighter roll call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keri C

TVWBB Wizard
Okay, so who all's doing an overnighter tonight? I have a 12-lb packer with which I'm going to experiment with a new chipotle rub, one or two mustard-butts (undecided about that - probably just one, though), about 6 lb total of thick chuck in two pieces with which to try pulled beef, and a couple of pounds of sausage to do tonight, with a few chickens for a co-worker going on tomorrow then straight into the Foodsaver bags.

The neighborhood's going to smell good tonight...

Janet, how's your overnight schedule going tonight?

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

I am headed to the bars and then when I get home I am setting an 8 pound packer on the WSM.

Have a good night /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WD had sirloin tip roast for $1.77/lb so I think I'll get a good night's sleep and let my Performer perform tomorrow while I faithfully watch the COLLEGE WORLD SERIES - the only thing in Omaha better than the steaks !

Paul

With the help I received here earlier, I'm doing my first (two) pork butts tonight. Started them about an hour ago...17 more hours to go! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm off to make tomorrow's dessert now -- apple walnut cake with bourbon caramel sauce /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Mark

Takin' Paul G's advice and doing my picnic overnight. Chimney starter's going, rub is on, and we're ready to go!!!

Hi Keri,

Got two mustard slathered butts on tonight. Trying out the new Polder remote thermometer. Tested fine in boiling water, so I should be good to go!

Hey Mark, are you willing to share that cake recipe? Sounds very interesting!!!

Janet

You know, I just re-read my first post. Wonder how many people outside the realm of barbecue would be pleased with the idea of being referred to as a "mustard butt"?... Think they'd realize it's a term of endearment? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hi all. I've got two butts on as I type and just added a huge rack of spares. The butts have been on since 6:00pm last evening.

Chach

Butts are up to 181 degrees and boy do they smell good. How's everyone else coming along?

Well, my first time making pork butts seems to be a success! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The two butts are now off the smoker and in the cooler. Oh man! The back yard smelled like bacon all morning. My neighbours are gonna kill me! ;-) One of the butts started to fall apart in my hands as I was transferring it...it's like butter. I was good, though...I didn't carve into it yet, I'll wait for everyone to arrive. ::sigh:: But I did sample some of the remnants left behind on the grates. Simply heaven. Now, the rest of the family had better get THEIR butts over here ASAP so we can dig in! /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Mark

Mark F,

Did you see my early request for your apple cake recipe? Are you willing to share it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back