Oven rack shields

Pretty cool idea. One thing always bothered me about ovens. Why does the door have to open "down"? I would think it would be easier if it opened to the side like a fridge

I just saw a ad for these. I like the idea because I have burnt myself a few times making accidental contact.
They come in 14" lengths but I noticed they offer longer ones.
Thoughts?
I agree that they could be helpful because I, too, have gotten burns from a rack. Nice find!

I would still use oven mitts; apparently at least one reviewer did not. For me, they would protect against forearm burns.

One thing always bothered me about ovens. Why does the door have to open "down"? I would think it would be easier if it opened to the side like a fridge
I've seen commercial ones like that. It must be a safety thing for residential.

I’ve always wondered about side (French) doors and why commercial ovens are often available that way but, typically they are also positioned higher. If I had more room…

I have a double oven and I do like using the top one compared to bending over and using the bottom one.

i've resorted to wearing bubble wrap and never leaving my bedroom. this way my body is scar and injury free for my eventual funeral. we all want to look our best that day, after all.

apoligies in advance. feeling snarky today.

I've seen commercial ones like that. It must be a safety thing for residential.
I can't figure how needing to bend way over a ripping hot oven door (which also throws the stove off balance) is safer than one that was simply hinged left or right. That logic escapes me. Wife is short and does not have as much issue, but even though I am no giant (6'1) it's extremely awkward for me to use an oven which is why I think I learned to grill and not bake :D

Pretty cool idea. One thing always bothered me about ovens. Why does the door have to open "down"? I would think it would be easier if it opened to the side like a fridge
It's fun getting blasted in the face with the heat coming out while bending over. Sorry I had to add my 2 cents.o_O

Back