Outside of 'DONE' Brisket .. Hard or soft?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Just wondering. After looking at the pics here and on the BBQ Bible website .... I see some wonderful looking briskets. Black in color. Is the outside of your brisket hard or soft?

REAL newbie here!
icon_smile.gif

When you foil them wether it's to finish it up on the smoker or for resting the bark will soften up. They aren't on the smoker for the length of time a butt or chuck roll is so they really don't get all that hard. Butts and chuck rolls can get a pretty crispy bark on them.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the quick response, Bryan !!

BTW..I luved Child's Play I & II !!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kathi V:
Thanks for the quick response, Bryan !!

BTW..I luved Child's Play I & II !!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hate to tell you, but that IS a picture of him. Looks just like Chucky, doesn't he.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S: They aren't on the smoker for the length of time a butt or chuck roll is so they really don't get all that hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I agree, if proper pit temp is maintained, they can definitely get hard if the temp spikes on you or you're doing a flat on the bottom cooking grate while using sand rather than water. I'm sure no one will guess how I learned all of this
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Back