OTS - How to plug up the slots?

I'm from the Goverment and I'm here to help. Seriously, I'm not trying to bust your balls.

If you have the one touch system closed and can't keep below 325, something is obviously wrong. I can go from 500 degrees to putting the cover on 1.5 hours later. Did you try closing the top vent some? Maybe your sweeper blades are installed in the wrong sequence. They're numbered 1-3 and have different offsets.

Do you have this little wheel for the Dremel?

DSC07671.jpg

Then it's just 2 slices on the handle and the entire thing falls through. Takes less than a minute. Here's the first cut.

DSC07673.jpg

Howard you must have an air leak somewhere. If your vents are closed it should snuff out the coals.

I have the CB Stacker but I found I can do a decent cook (10+ hrs) without any extender/Stacker at all. It is a matter of having the correct combination of unlit/lit and air flow.

In my link here I have no vents fins on this 18.5 OTS, instead I foil tape the openings shut. Air intake is just one 18 WSM vent with one hole drilled. You could also just drill a hole or two and use magnets to control the vent/air opening.

Back