Other side projects

Biagio Presti

TVWBB Member
Besides restoring genesis grills, I'm a big fan of older toro mowers with Suzuki two stroke engines. One of the best small mowers ever made

Attachments

• IMG_5687.JPG
    IMG_5687.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5686.JPG
    IMG_5686.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5688.JPG
    IMG_5688.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 24
Those are 2 strokes? I recall back when my late sister and BIL bought their home he bought a Toro and I had stopped by while he was cutting grass and was so shocked to hear the distinct cackle of a 2 stroke and the little whisp of blue smoke as well. I don't even think you can buy a 2 stroke outboard anymore as pollution laws have pretty much done away with them

Those are 2 strokes? I recall back when my late sister and BIL bought their home he bought a Toro and I had stopped by while he was cutting grass and was so shocked to hear the distinct cackle of a 2 stroke and the little whisp of blue smoke as well. I don't even think you can buy a 2 stroke outboard anymore as pollution laws have pretty much done away with them
This one is. Suzuki built two and four stroke small engines for Toro residential and commercial mowers in the 80s and 90s. The two stroke was very popular among landscapers because its so lightweight; turns and manuevers very easily. Fun fact is these particular olds mowers have a cult following and demand due to their reliability and performance, those who know what they are snatch them up fast just like old weber grills!

My side pursuits are most often the elimination of as many calories as are in my fridge, at the grocery store or what I can shoehorn into a cart at Costco! The chase to make the perfect cocktail is in there too. But the big one is making sure my wife is happy.

This one is. Suzuki built two and four stroke small engines for Toro residential and commercial mowers in the 80s and 90s. The two stroke was very popular among landscapers because its so lightweight; turns and manuevers very easily. Fun fact is these particular olds mowers have a cult following and demand due to their reliability and performance, those who know what they are snatch them up fast just like old weber grills!
Wow, my brother in law's ended up in a dump somewhere as he got sick of mixing oil and gas and put it out for junk day where they lived and bought a regular 4 stroke machine

Back