Orlando Q

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Kellers in Lake Mary is good but my favorite is the sliced pork at Bubbalous on Lee Rd. Does anyone know what cut of pork they use for this? It is far better than their pulled pork. Has anyone tried thinly slicing pork butt on a meat slicer?

I'll do the shaved slices with a pork loin.

Run the finished loin through a meat slicer, pile the slices on for a great sammy.

Pretty inexpensive meat as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Sheehan: Has anyone tried thinly slicing pork butt on a meat slicer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Absolutely, but when cooking a butt for slicing you can't take it to as high an internal or it won't slice as well.

Hey Michael
Try Blackwater BBQ on orange ave in Orlando.I here they got some good product. Might be worth a try.

Seeuuuu
Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Sheehan: Has anyone tried thinly slicing pork butt on a meat slicer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went to a comp a few weeks ago as a spectator and got to talking to a 2 man team using a Backwoods Fatboy. - brothers. The helper brother started describing how he would take a butt, slice it, season it and then grill the slices. I think he also prepared some type of sauce he put over it, but it wasn't bbq sauce. He said it was about a 40 minute process, so I'm guessing the slices were pretty thick and that he seared them and then cook them indirect.

I would not have thought butt would come out tender cooked that way, but he claimed it did.

Paul

i've eaten at Blackwater a couple times (takeout on my way to work)....its ok, i really wasn't that impressed....I like Smokey Bones the best, mostly for sliced and pulled pork, brisket and their chicken is very good also (I may be a little bias though, I work for Darden) they do use wood though
icon_smile.gif
The ribs are a little lacking. Also, if you are around an oakwood, they have pretty good Q. There is one is leesburg, Lady Lake (the villages) and okahumka (sp?) near leesburg.

Tony

Oakwood is good but nothing beats the ribs at King's Tase in Eustis. Their mustard sauce has been sold at the Lake Mary Publix.

Thanks for the slicing butt info!

Back