Ordering wood in Canada

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I feal really stupid posting this seeing that I'm surrounded by nothing but forest. I just don't live in an area that has variety that you have in the south. I was wondering if anyone knows of a wood outlet in Canada?

I've been beating my head with the same problem and I don't have a solution yet for affordable wood.

I'm off the hook for a while because a relative scored some Apple from Wenatchee Wa and is driving it down. I just provide room, board and a Q. Still, that's a temporary solution.

I've tried the hardwood shops but it's all furniture grade and I just can't bear to pay the price although it's less expensive than bags at Home Depot or the hardware store. I even have a friend who is a wholesale hardware dealer int he Eastern US who would give me the Oak if I pay for the shipping. Still not cheap enough for me.

There are orchards near me and there certainly are in Eastern BC and that's where you and I may have find our wood, -- in the orchards. I'm told the orchards prune in late winter and the size of wood we want for a WSM is laying on the ground. I've done a couple of smokes with a plum tree pruning which was just fine. Tastes fine and hasn't killed me yet.

Who would have thought the most important accessory for a smoker is a chain saw? /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi all.. Great to see fellow Canadians here. Here is what I did to find some wood. I called a BBq place here in Toronto and asked where he got his wood from and he said to just call a firewood supplier as they usually have all kind of hardwood. The guy was quite nice and he even had me come to the resturant and gave me two burlap sacs full of apple wood. So don't despair look in the yellow pages for a firewood supplier or go check out a local bbq joint.

Good luck in your search.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back