Opinions Please

Joe Perez

TVWBB Member
I am in the market for a new gas grill. I can afford the Weber Q320 gas grill and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this grill that that they could share both good and bad. Thank you.

I own a Q300 and a 320. Boy, do I like this series of gas grills. I have used them for steaks, chicken, roasts, pizza, and fish. Using a cake cooling rack, I cooked the best turkey wings ever. I have used it with the rack for some killer beef ribs also. The 300 and the 320 are both the same, the 320 comes with a handle light which is nice if you cook at night, and a warming rack that I seldom use. I bought my 300 new and picked up the 320 used in seattle for $100. The Q forum has a ton of good info about the Q's. If you decide to buy one, use the VWBB page to link to Amazon, they get a small rebate and you will qualify for free shipping from Amazon.com.
Get one and be sure to post some pictures of your great cooks on the Q.

A guy that my in-law go camping with has a Q300. Last summer, when my wife and I were with them, all their friends showed up and since I was the "BBQ Man" I was in charge of doing around 20 NY Strips.

This grill is awesome! I was able to cook them (made to order) with fantastic results. So much in fact, that my in-laws now own one. They use it on their deck at their condo and camping all the time.

I can honestly say, you will not be disappointed with this grill, at all..

I have had Q320 for several years. I love it as much as one can for a gas grill. Very easy to clean. Some gas grills can be a big pain to clean. It's has a learning curve like all grills. I wasn't that happy the first several cooks. Little time, patience and this site you will love it.

I have the q100 and q 120.....it is perfect for the 2 of us. That q320 will cook a lot of food .....I found both of mine on craigslist and if you aren't in a big hurry you might get lucky. There is a learning cure on these grills....I cook steaks on high and most everything else I pre heat on high and then turn it to low. Most people make a mistake of cooking on high and burning their food up. Oh they are very easy to clean...get one ,I KNOW YOU ILL LOVE IT

Most of my grilling and smoking is done with charcoal these days but we needed a gasser at home as well for quick grilling nights i.e. hot dogs, burgs, sausages, etc...After using a Q120 for many years now as our camping grill, we were so impressed with it we bought a Q320 as our gasser at home. For general grilling it's excellent, plenty of space for the average family. Side shelves are handy and the 2 burners make it possible to set it up for smaller indirect cooks. The handle light is a nice touch - I find the warming rack to be the least appealing feature - it takes up too much space on the grill IMHO so it's usually not even on the grill.

Bottom line for me, you'll not find a better grill for under $500. Sure you can find bigger/higher BTU grills for under $500, but they won't be Weber quality.

Well, I don't own the 320 but I do own the Q100 ( CL find for $75) along with several other Webers and can say the Q100 actually cooks BETTER than my trusty Silver B gasser. Obviously, it doesn't have the surface space of a full gasser, but it's not meant to either. I'd imagine the 300/320 would be just as nice albeit bigger than my Q100. I can cook for very large steaks for three people simultaneously with no problem. I also tricked out the Q100 with a temp gauge, side tables and light. It came with a cart. I also have the propane tank conversion line and newer regulator. So it's not too dissimiliar to an older Q300. Having used the Q100 several times, I can imagine having the split grills allowing for a griddle insert would be a nice feature. But the second burner might not be that big of a deal. The Q100 has an 8.5K BTU burner and the larger Qs have a 12K BTU burner. Like others have said, the second burner might allow for some level of indirect cooks but I would think you could achieve the same from a single burner with lower setting. Nonetheless, if you're looking at the 300 series, the features are part of it so no bog deal. But rest assured, my one 8.5K burner is PLENTY for great cooks so two burners would be more than enough. I use my infra-red thermo to measure my Q100's grates surface temp on my and it checks-in around 650+ after preheating for about 10 mins. The ambient thermo reads about ~450. I get great sears on my steaks (cooking on high the whole time) as a result. In fact, I sear each side for about a minute and then let it cook on one side for 3 mins and they come out a smidge over medium in the center and med-well at the ends. I probably need to cook them for just two mins instead of three after searing.

If you get the 300 series you shouldn't be disappointed!

Back