One Touch Replacement parts

JohnTak

TVWBB Pro
The Weber One Touch system works pretty good but is an expendable part. There are after market kits available besides the Weber OEM replacement kit. Has anyone tried any of these? Most are lower cost and some say more durable. Could just be marketing but could also be an upgrade. We all know that once the blades get distorted it affects the heat control. Thanks

I'm guessing John is asking about replacement one-touch sweeps.

WSK/WSC replacement sweeps part number is 90720 and I have read on the internet that they are stainless steel.

I have read the standard sweeps (weber part 7444) are aluminized steel. ( edit: for the 22 inch kettle )

No firsthand experience with any replacements. I looked into replacing them on my one-touch platinum but went another direction.

Yes, the replacement blades come as kits with a new handle and hub to attach the blades. I think my handle is slightly bent because after a rib cook with bbq sauce the blades were kind of stuck and I had lift them sightly to get them to release but that was after I tried to muscle them loose with the handle.:ROFLMAO: Now the closed position is still about 1/8 inch open. I figure I could take it apart to fix it but then I may as well put in new parts at that point. Not that expensive to replace them.

I've only used OEM on my 06 OTG and 012 performer.
It does read like the other alternatives are thicker and cheaper on the Amazon. I didn't know that back then, just went right to Weber.

Never seen aftermarket replacement sweeps, I’ve only replaced one set in forty years.
It was on the kettle at the cottage. If there is a heavier set, I’d look at replacing the ones in the “Overperformer” next year.

Where is that quote from John?
I just looked at several of the offerings from Amazon and they all look like the same Chinesium replacements. Too bad there isn’t a set made in the U.S.

Last edited:
So it's just marketing BS?:unsure: The Amazon ones are all cheaper than the ones from Weber.💰
Let’s just say, I’m not buying the “off brand” parts. Honestly, the ones in the “Overperformer are probably 20 years old and with the just the right amount of greases and ash, they are still going strong! I don’t understand how people seem to need to replace them as often as I see here. The kettle at the cottage was probably fifteen or 20 years old when it was moved up there, I just put new sweeps in two years ago, we have been going up for fifteen years. It’s been a great spot for the grandchildren every summer since the youngest was two! My sister in law and brother moved that up years before we started going there.

I believe the quality of the metal thickness has gotten thinner to save costs. The old stuff was heavier and beefier. The kettles in the old days were heavier..

I believe the quality of the metal thickness has gotten thinner to save costs. The old stuff was heavier and beefier. The kettles in the old days were heavier..
For our Stainless Steel OTCS parts, there have been no changes since at least 2009. For the Aluminized Steel OTCS parts, there have been no changes since at least 2011. I can't tell exactly what the properties were of the parts before then to compare, so I can't say one way or the other whether the thickness was changed, and I don't believe that we made them thinner because we cover them with the same warranty as we always have (5 years), but you can be sure nothing has gotten thinner since the dates I provided above. #IworkforWeber

Last edited:
For our Stainless Steel OTCS parts, there have been no changes since at least 2009. For the Aluminized Steel OTCS parts, there have been no changes since at least 2011. I can't tell exactly what the properties were of the parts before then to compare, so I can't say one way or the other whether the thickness was changed, and I don't believe that we made them thinner because we cover them with the same warranty as we always have (5 years), but you can be sure nothing has gotten thinner since the dates I provided above. #IworkforWeber
I am glad you are here to dispel any rumors, knowledge of the truth is what we need. I will stay with factory OEM replacement parts. (y)

Back